Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Research Bridge

Today I start my next DMin class called Research Bridge: The Dissertation Journey. This course goes from September 1st through December 31st, and it serves as the launching point for the second half of the DMin program which now becomes extremely specialized. My goal for this course is to come up with a good research question, in 30 words or less, that I will focus my research on.

I have several ideas that I am thinking about for my specialized research, including suburban and urban partnerships, church and school partnerships, racial reconciliation, and of course mentoring. Eric Swanson from the Leadership Network will be advising me and eventually supervising the dissertation, which I hope to complete in June 2012. As I jump into this next phase, does anyone have any ideas for things that I could research?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryan

How 'bout researching why middle class Christians won't engage those in poverty - the cultural differences, fear, wrong doctrinal beliefs, laziness, etc. - and then offer some solutions?

John V

Jason said...

would research who in your community has grown up there in the community, made it through school and what characteristics distinguish them from those who have not. This will provide you a framework of which to build off of on how to specifically meet the needs of your youth. It will also provide tools, assessments, diagnostics of behavior, cultural norms, and much more. Any of these themselves can be researched but I always like to find applicability in whatever I do.

Bryan McCabe said...

Great ideas guys! Thanks...