Monday, September 20, 2010

LAMP is Going Global

Yesterday I had the opportunity to prayerfully send off a new global missionary from North Way named Kara Conaway. She'll be living and working in Honduras this coming year, and one of her responsibilities will be to get LAMP started for orphans in orphanages, youth detention centers, and schools through her sending agency called Orphan Helpers. Orphan Helpers is very excited about the possibilities that mentoring provides for the children that they serve. LAMP is going global! I am planning to go to Honduras next spring to work with Kara and Orphan Helpers on the implementation of LAMP in that context. If I can work it out, I would like to design the trip through BGU as a DMin specialization class (a potential chapter of my dissertation) so that I can study how the LAMP model functions in the Latin American context. Should be fun!

Please pray for Kara as she enters into this new adventure. She is a great example of someone who was raised up in the local church, and now is being sent out to make a difference in this world. God calls each of us as Christians to be "all in," even if we don't end up in Honduras ministering to orphans. We each have a unique calling to live out according to God's purposes, and all of life is a mission field. Where is God calling you today?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow, that's great! I'm familiar with Orphan Helpers, they do a lot of work in El Salvador as well. I'll look forward to reading about what you are learning about Latin America!