Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Day of Writing and Rest

Today I have withdrawn from the city to spend some time alone writing, praying, and recharging my battery. During Jesus' ministry he modeled for us how to enter into people's pain and brokenness, and then withdraw from the activities of ministry in order to reflect, rest and pray.

This time away is especially important for me because I am working on a doctorate degree while still trying to thrive in my roles as a husband, father, and urban ministry leader in a complex environment. Over the course of today and tomorrow, I need to finalize my dissertation problem statement that will drive my research for the next year and a half. I am hoping that my dissertation will be a good gift to the body of Christ. Please pray for me over the next couple of days if you can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bryan

We're with you, dude!

John V