Friday, June 5, 2009

A New Adventure!

I made a brief mention of this in my last blog post, but I figured I would provide some more details. We're planning to move to Homewood at the end of June. We've purchased a home close to the Faison Primary school, and the next couple of months will be an exciting time for Julie and I and the girls as we experience the ups and downs of incarnational urban ministry. Who knows what God has in store for our family?

We need your prayers and support! There will be many benefits to living in the community, but there will also be many challenges. We're planning to enroll the girls in school at Faison (although Sierra still has another year of preschool and we're trying to decide what options are available for her). Several people have asked me if we're planning to continue to go to church at North Way Wexford. That is our goal at this point because we feel so connected to the Worship Cafe community. I suppose that we may end up transitioning to North Way Oakland at some point, but we'll just have to see how things work out.

I'm really looking forward to this new adventure in the city. God loves the city, He loves Homewood, and He loves us. I am trusting God for guidance as I raise my family in the inner city, in the midst of the brokenness of the human story and broken systems. There are also many signs of hope in Homewood, and I'm looking forward to experiencing these things as well.

No comments: