Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Full Day

I had a full day today, but with some really cool experiences.  This morning I had the opportunity to share about our move to the city with our staff at North Way.  They were all incredibly supportive, and they prayed for us as we head into the move.  I really enjoy these brothers and sisters in Christ whom I have had the opportunity to get to know over the past few years that I have been involved with LAMP.  They are some amazing people, and I'm so appreciative of the friendships that I've developed.

I also spent most of the day with the two LAMP interns, Justin and Sarah.  I love investing in young leaders (even though they are not much younger than me), and I am encouraged by their willingness to learn and grow.  I am also learning a lot from them.

By this evening I was pretty wiped out.  Julie had a meeting, and my buddy John stopped over to do some projects on the chalet property (that he and his family will be living in soon).  He's such a great friend.  We had some time to hang out on the back patio, and my dad and one of his friends stopped over to chat.  It turned into a couple hours of deep conversation about creation and old earth and new earth theories related to Christianity.  I mostly listened because I don't know too much about these subjects, but it all made for an interesting time all around.  There's nothing like good times with good friends on a warm night.

No comments: