Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to seeing what God does in 2013. The McCabe family had an incredible 2012! Kyra and Sierra are enjoying school at Pittsburgh Linden. We went on many daddy-daughter dates to places all over the city of Pittsburgh. The city is a great place to raise a family. Julie and I celebrated 14 years of marriage. Our highlight of the year was probably a trip we took to Lake Chautauqua, New York. Julie is such an incredible wife... I'm so thankful for her every day! Our family took fun trips to New York City and Florida last year. Another cool experience was our visit to Seattle for my graduation from Bakke Graduate University. I officially became Dr. Bryan last June!

In terms of ministry, God just blessed us like crazy last year. We launched a new church in January called North Way East End, and God has impacted hundreds of lives through cross-cultural worship, biblical messages, authentic community, and missional community outreach. Hundreds more children were mentored by people at North Way through the LAMP program. Several of my LAMP mentees turned 18 years old this past year... hard to believe! In Homewood, God continues to bring about transformation. By living in Homewood, God has opened up many doors for us to be able to love our neighbors in tangible ways. We've had many new friends drop by for dinner. It was also another tough year in terms of navigating through the violence in our neighborhood, but God has grown me in tremendous ways by allowing me to enter into others' pain. I continue to pray for God's shalom in my neighborhood.

There are many more things I could celebrate from 2012, but I'm focusing now on what God is going to do in 2013. God has put together a strong foundation in me personally, in my family, and in the ministry that he has called us to. We are hoping to build on that strong foundation in 2013 to see lives changed forever in powerful ways... our own lives and the lives of people with whom God has called our family to minister. I can't wait!

No comments: