Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Spiritual Disciplines

This morning the lead pastor at North Way Christian Community, Scott Stevens, challenged the church staff to pray about which spiritual disciplines God might be calling each of us to embrace this year. The spiritual disciplines are crucial for drawing close to God. Here are the disciplines that I'll be praying through to see what God has in store for me this year: solitude, silence, fasting, frugality, chastity, secrecy, sacrifice, study, worship, celebration, service, prayer, fellowship, confession, and submission. I am thankful for the challenge to be more disciplined from the lead pastor I serve with at North Way. My ongoing goal in life is to continue to draw closer to the Lord so that I might be more effective at God's mission to lead others to him.

No comments: