Friday, January 11, 2013

Equipping Mentors

Tomorrow morning I have the opportunity to do something that I absolutely love. I get to train at least 50 new mentors who will be building relationships with kids from all over the city of Pittsburgh. I love to equip and empower new mentors because I have experienced first hand the dramatic transformation that happens in the lives of both adults and youth through the process of establishing mentoring relationships.

During the training we'll be talking about the basics of building effective one to one relationships with kids, best practices of communication (speaking and listening), common fears and barriers to mentoring relationships, and eight different perspectives on transformational mentoring. I'll be mixing in different case studies, group discussions, exercises, and video examples. It's going to be a lot of fun!

No comments: