Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Living in God's Story

This past Sunday I had the opportunity to preach live at North Way East End. I shared what God put on my heart about how parents can empower their children to become spiritual champions, even in a modern American culture where research has shown that nearly 9 out of 10 children who are raised in a Christian home will leave the faith within one year of leaving the home. I challenged parents to orient their children in God's Story, live radically in covenant with God, and leave an eternal legacy. We were all challenged to live this out in the unique context of the East End of the city of Pittsburgh.

I was very thankful for the opportunity to share with the congregation, and I knew that I would experience some significant spiritual warfare this week after speaking about such a challenging topic. I am not afraid of spiritual attacks, though. I know that the power of God's love is much bigger than the enemy of my soul. My life is all about honoring God and living radically as I follow Jesus Christ, no matter the consequences. I say that because I have complete faith that God will always reign victorious even in the midst of difficult circumstances that I might face in this life. Today is just another day to wake up and join right into God's profound mission to redeem every single part of this world. It truly is an epic adventure, this journey of life. I'm thankful for this day!

No comments: