Saturday, August 11, 2012

Expecting Big Things

I had a great time attending the Willow Creek Association Global Leadership Summit simulcast this week. Over the course of two days our staff and interns at the North Way city campuses had the opportunity to hear from some amazing leaders. We caught a tremendous glimpse of what God is doing globally with regard to leadership and advancing the kingdom of God. I look forward to the event every year because it serves a reset of sorts for me in terms of how to be a more effective leader. I'll be debriefing with my team during our staff meeting on Monday, and I can't wait to learn more from each other about where God may be taking North Way East End in this coming ministry season. God has given us a powerful vision to reach the entire East End of the city of Pittsburgh with the love of Christ, and we live out that mission through missional, cross-cultural community, solid biblical teaching, passionate worship, meaningful relationships, and by empowering the next generation of leaders in the church. God has been moving in miraculous ways at North Way East End, and I know that God is going to do BIG things this fall. Let's go!!!

No comments: