Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Few Days Away

I'm heading to my extended family's cottage on Pelee Island, the southernmost point in Canada, for a few days of rest and relaxation. Over the years, Pelee has been an incredible place of relaxation. This summer I've really been able to get my feet back under me after launching a new church and completing the doctorate program. I am enjoying learning about the rhythms of being a pastor in the city, and I know rest is a big part of maintaining myself. I'm sure people sometimes think I have an urban bias because I love the city so much, but I do also really enjoy getting out of the city sometimes to experience a break from everything. I love to enjoy nature as much as anybody else, and for me the only way to catch a brief break is to actually leave the city. Otherwise, people just stop by my house to hang out all of the time. I love that people feel comfortable doing that, but it does present a challenge when trying to clear my head from the intensity of urban ministry. So... it should be a great couple of days off!

No comments: