Friday, March 23, 2012

Yet Another Big Weekend of Urban Ministry

I'm gearing up for another big weekend of urban ministry. It's going to be amazing! Tonight I'm picking up my mentees in Homewood, and we'll be going out to dinner in East Liberty with friends from church. Then we're going to North Way East End's ministry center for an art night where local artists from the community will be displaying and creating art. Then, tomorrow I'll be gathering for prayer at the ministry center at 7am, followed by a day of service projects at an amazing East End family's home. We are working to get their home in the suburbs ready to sell so that they can move to the city! Tomorrow night I'll be heading to the North Way Wexford campus to support my friend, Pastor Freedom Blackwell, as he brings God's Word to thousands of people across the city. Sunday will be great as we gather to worship in the East End, and then we launch student ministries at the East End campus at 4pm. I can't wait to see how God is going to reach the young people in the East End through this new ministry of North Way.

Serving. Innovating new ministries. Building community in the city. Mentoring at-risk youth. These are the types of expressions of the church that I love being a part of. This is urban ministry at its best. I am so blessed to be able to serve the people of the East End of Pittsburgh as a pastor. What an amazing calling!

No comments: