Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thankful For My Wife

I usually don't write mushy stuff about my family on this blog, but I couldn't resist today. My wife, Julie, and I have spent most of our weekend at an elders retreat at our church. This marks the one time each year where all elders and wives from all campuses gather together. We were greatly encouraged by the time together with everyone... there are some amazing leaders at North Way!

Several people commented to me that they really appreciated Julie for her leadership. My wife is a gifted leader, and she is a wonderful support for me and the girls. I knew from the first time that I met Julie that she was a special person who God was going to use for amazing purposes in her life. God just does beautiful things through her on a daily basis.

After thirteen years of marriage, I can say that every new day with my wife is a blessing and an adventure. We are true partners in God's mission to reach the world. My goal as her husband is to serve her, to love her sacrificially, for every single day that God gives me with her. I have a long way to go in that department. Still, I love it when other people experience how powerful it is to see her living in her incredible calling. Thank you, Julie, for loving me so well!

No comments: