Thursday, June 16, 2011

We're Home

We arrived home from Honduras late last night. Thanks to everyone who prayed for us and followed along with our journey over the past week. God is doing a great work with some of the most vulnerable people in the world in San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa, and I was fortunate enough to be able to experience that for a week. The first day back from a trip like this is usually filled with culture shock and immersion difficulties for most Americans. It's funny, but I'm not really experiencing that at all. All I could think about on the plane ride home was our life here in Homewood and the kids that we have been working with for the past five years. I really think that this is because I view my work through relationships, not programs. God is always on mission to redeem the world, and we can choose to live in that mission all of the time. That mission comes with great joy because it is our purpose in life as followers of Jesus. We may be called to different people in all kinds of different places, but the mission is the same. All Christians have that in common. I can't wait to catch up with all of my friends in Homewood this week because is moving here, too.

No comments: