Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Honduras: Day Eight

This was our last full day in Honduras, and I know I am really going to miss this country when I am gone. I have met so many amazing people. I've heard heart breaking stories of orphans struggling to survive, and I've heard the joy that can be found through resilience in Christ amidst difficult circumstances. I saw many signs of need, and I saw many signs of hope. I met street thugs while I was here, and I met street saints. God is moving in cities all over the world, and it was a joy for me to be able to spend some time in His stream of mercy and redemption here in two world class cities, Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula. I've made new friendships that may or may not last for a long time here in this world, but I know many of the friendships will last forever as we spend eternity together. We'll probably share stories with one another about these adventures in Honduras this week. And we'll celebrate together with God for all of eternity along with the people who He worked through us to reach for His sake. It is amazing to think that people, including myself, would choose to get caught up in the false gods and idols that this world has to offer when we could be spending all day, every day, living for eternal purposes by fulfilling our callings to serve our Lord with complete abandon. My big prayer for my return to Pittsburgh is that God would continue to open my eyes and break my heart every single day for the people in this world who are suffering and lost. I will pray that God would be good enough to somehow continue to work through me to achieve His plans. I'm also praying that God will give me the words to describe what I've seen this week in Honduras so that more followers of Jesus might throw themselves into this great work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi hf