Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Video in Homewood

Today was a long day of recording video footage about LAMP for the five year celebration of North Way's partnership with the schools in Homewood. We recorded at my house and in my neighborhood all day. Pastor Doug Melder shared about the theological foundation for why Christians should be engaged in justice issues and mentoring. Several LAMP mentees shared about their mentoring experiences. I shared about what I have experienced with LAMP over the past five years. And, we hit the streets to capture footage of Homewood. It was a long day, but it was a good day. Homewood has a great story to tell, and LAMP has a great story to tell. The past five years in Homewood have been amazing, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the next five years! Lives will be impacted, both of the mentees and the mentors. I'm sure God will continue to move in profound ways. Relationships will be developed. And, hopefully, God will be glorified by the church fulfilling the mission that God has for us.

2 comments:

Jason said...

When and how can I see the show??

Bryan McCabe said...

Hopefully the video will be done in the next month or so. There's a lot of editing going on at the moment.