Thursday, April 23, 2009

New Books!

I've started reading the books for my next DMin class, Overture II:  Faith and Culture in Central America.  The class will be held from July 13-24 and facilitated by Dr. Fletcher Tink and Dr. Randy White.  Julie is planning to go with me, and we'll be spending time in Costa Rica and Mexico City.  We're currently studying Spanish to prepare.

I posted the names of the new books on the BGU reading list portion of this blog.  I'm really looking looking forward to gaining a broader perspective on Hispanic theology and immigration, especially having lived and worked in a Hispanic community for six years when we lived in California.  God has planted many seeds in my heart to prepare me for this next adventure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lots like you will be in my neck of the woods Bryan this summer. I am in Chicago taking a class the next two weeks. Which of the books that you took for Christianity in Central America impacted you the most?
Keep on learning fellow scholar!
Lisa