Monday, February 25, 2013

God's Timing

God has been teaching me so much lately about how He is in control and I am not. As a pastor involved in urban ministry, I experience many highs and lows on a seemingly daily basis. When I see an injustice, I want to do something about it immediately in order to see things made right. When I'm building a relationship with somebody who is experiencing pain, I want them to be relieved of their pain. When I see signs of brokenness in my neighborhood, I long to see things made right. All of these things, though, have more to do with my intentions and outcomes than on God's intentions and outcomes. His timing is perfect, and his healing, transformational love moves in its own divine ways. Transformation is a process, not a destination. This is why it is so important for Christians involved in justice and serving others to be patient and stay for a while in a particular place while waiting on the Lord to move according to his will, not ours.

No comments: