Friday, October 12, 2012

Saturday and Sunday... Bring it on!

Today I am taking a day of rest to get ready for an intense weekend of ministry in the city. It is going to be great... I can't wait! On Saturday morning I'll be leading a discussion with over 50 people through Encountering God in the City at North Way East End. We'll be discussing how Christians can be effective at serving others in the city, a topic that I'm very passionate about. In fact, I dedicate most of my time to building relationships with my neighbors in Pittsburgh while also mobilizing others to do so. Then, on Saturday afternoon Julie and I will be hosting a CRU mission team of eight high school students plus chaperones at our house in Homewood for an outreach event. We'll be throwing a block party for kids and families in our neighborhood. I have no idea who's going to show up, but it's going to be fun to see what God does through the new relationships that will be built. On Sunday, I'll have the opportunity to worship with over 200 people at North Way East End. I'll be sharing about the big vision that God has put on my heart for our church community. On Sunday after church the East End will host all of the interns at the North Way campuses. Then, I'll pick up my mentees in Homewood and take them over to the Chili Cook Off that North Way East End is hosting in Highland Park. I'm looking forward to a fun event, and my stomach will be stuffed since I'm one of the judges for the chili contest. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Teaching, facilitating, learning, outreach, worship, training, mentoring, leading, and eating. These are all things I love to do, and I'm blessed to be able to do things that I'm so passionate about in a city I love. It's going to be a great weekend!

No comments: