Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Transformation in Pittsburgh

It's hard to believe that I'm all done with higher education. People have been asking me what I plan to do next, and I have been answering that God has already given me an amazing calling in Pittsburgh. I'm looking forward to serving the East End of the city as a pastor, and I'm looking forward to being a good mentor to the at-risk youth that God has brought into my life. I'm looking forward to being a better husband and father.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is continuing to grow as a radical follower of Jesus Christ. God continues to call me to serve him by serving others. With the rest of my life I am planning to give myself away to others for the sake of advancing the kingdom of God. Every day I hope to die to myself in order to gain Christ. The more I do that, the less I care about making my life more comfortable or somehow trying to live out the American Dream.

God continues to lead me into complex urban environments, and I am dedicated to sensing the Spirit's leading in these environments in order to live in the stream of God's mission to redeem every part of my city. The goal is transformation... for myself, for the people attending North Way East End, for the many people living throughout the East End who do not know God, and for the entire city in general. God is doing big things in Pittsburgh.

No comments: