Thursday, June 14, 2012

From Presentation to Reality

Tomorrow morning I'm giving a presentation at a university on how society can reach social orphans living in complex urban environments. Ironically, as I was about to sit down tonight to go over my presentation, a "social orphan" from my neighborhood called me because he was in crisis and he was suddenly homeless and in need of a place to stay. I am thankful in moments like this that I chose to move to Homewood because he was just able to walk over to my house and tonight he's spending the night with our family. He'll be with us for a few days until we can help to stabilize his situation. God's timing is so amazing. God often teaches me that theory and academic presentations have their place, but implementation and actually living out what I challenge other people to do is very important. The streets of the inner city are a classroom for life, and I get an education every single day.

No comments: