Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm spending the day on the West Coast with my family soaking up the sun. We are visiting some good friends that we made when we lived in California. God has really blessed our family this year, and we have much to be thankful for. My wife, Julie, is an amazing woman who loves me well and is an incredible mother. I am so thankful for my daughters, Kyra and Sierra, who bring so much joy and meaning to life. God has blessed us with the opportunity to launch a new church and remain involved in the transformational work that is going on through LAMP. I am a much different person today than I was three years ago when I started the Doctor of Ministry program at Bakke Graduate University, and the courses I've taken this year in California, Honduras, and New York have be life changing. I am so thankful for the DMin program! I love living in Homewood, and I am thankful for the many neighbors and friends who have taught me so much while living in the city. I am thankful for so many other things... my church, colleagues, friends, and much more. Still, at the end of the day I am most thankful for my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. God has given me an amazing calling in life that brings me tremendous joy on a daily basis. I honestly cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in the year to come.

No comments: