Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Week of Writing

I'm taking some time away this week to write my dissertation. If everything goes well, I'll have a completed rough draft very soon. I am really enjoying being at this point in the doctorate journey because I get to focus on doing something that I love to do... write! Writing is almost like a healing outlet for me because so much happens in my life with urban ministry. If I hold it all in I tend to get frustrated at times, so writing helps me reflect. Reflection is an essential part of leadership. We can't always be moving forward. Sometimes the most effective thing we can do is slow down and take a look back on what God has done for us. Also, a big part of leadership is taking others with you on the journey, and writing helps me to be able to do that. As God teaches me things about life, I intentionally share those things with others hoping that maybe God will work through my experiences to encourage others. Yep... it's shaping up to be a good week!

No comments: