Friday, July 8, 2011

A New Wave of Mentors

Over the past two weeks 46 people from my church have signed up to become LAMP mentors! This is great news because there are so many children in Homewood who are waiting for a mentor. The kids in Homewood keep asking me, and I have been so excited to tell them that they could have a mentor soon. About half of the people who signed up to mentor are men! This is going to be a long summer trying to make all of these matches!

It is so important for churches in cities to get involved in impacting their communities with the love of Christ. I mentioned in a sermon recently that my church has a "go strategy," now we just need to make sure that we communicate the strategy well so that the majority of the people who attend North Way can get involved. I truly believe that the Church is the most transformational, positive change agent in the world. When followers of Jesus Christ unite to reach the world, many amazing things can happen. We are never more Christian than when we are actively showing the love of Christ to people in many different places and contexts. LAMP is just one great example of that.

No comments: