Monday, October 11, 2010

Final Dissertation Problem Statement

Here is the problem statement I have settled on for my dissertation:

"I am studying faith-based mentoring because I want to discover how to transform the lives of at-risk youth so that my reader may understand how to build life-changing developmental assets."

I'll be building research based on that 30 word statement for the next year and a half.  It should be fun!  I'm really looking forward to the challenge.  A question for anyone reading this post... do you think researching that topic in a dissertation will be worthwhile research that will be of interest to the body of Christ? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryan

Very good! I'm looking forward to seeing how this study unfolds for you.

John V

Danielle said...

Yes, absolutely worthwhile! Looking forward to hearing all that you are learning...I think it will be a valuable resource to anyone wanting to impact their communities, urban ministry workers, and youth workers. I'm especially interested in what you learn when you go to Honduras. We are beginning to research the idea of starting a mentoring program in San Salvador, El Salvador. The class divide is huge and we are exploring the possibility of involving upper class Christians with mentoring kids at risk for joining street gangs. I will be following along!

Bryan McCabe said...

John and Danielle... thank you for the encouragement! I'm looking forward to diving deep into these issues.