Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Need Your Help!

I just started a course in Global Christian History. As a part of the class, I'll need to do some in depth research on 20 significant people in Christianity over the past two thousand years. So... I need your help!

Please post comments about people who you think I should study over the coming months. Keep in mind that I'll not only be examining their lives and influence on Christianity in general, but I'll also need to apply what I learn to my current ministry context. What important figures of Christianity do you think I should study?

Looking forward to your thoughts on who and why?

6 comments:

Tedward said...

My favorite influential Christian is C.S. Lewis. Yes he wrote amazing fantasy book, but I love his theological works as well.

Anonymous said...

How about Jesus. Paul, Timothy, Abraham, Noah, etc...you get the point.

Bryan McCabe said...

Good suggestions so far. I should have given more parameters. I need five from each of the following four time periods... early NT church to 590AD, the medieval era to 1500, the reformation to 1648, and the modern era.

Anonymous said...

john chrysostom (eastern thought)...augustine (western thought)...john of the cross (reflective thought)...

Anonymous said...

john chrysostom (eastern thought)...augustine (western thought)...john of the cross (reflective thought)...

Bryan McCabe said...

Funny... I just read about John Chrysostom and Augustine a few days ago. I was really fascinated by both of their life stories.

Thanks for the suggestions!