Monday, September 30, 2013

Reflection and Action

Leadership involves both reflection and action. I have a lot to reflect on from what God accomplished through my trip to India. My faith was stretched to the max as I first was not able to go in August, and then as we waited on God's timing to be able to go in September. I learned more about perseverance and waiting on God. My faith was strengthened by my time spent in Trichy and Lonavola. I interacted with so many leaders who are dependent upon God to bring vision and resources. I left India feeling encouraged by everything that God showed me, and inspired to be a better leader in my context in Pittsburgh.

My reflection on India leads me to action in Pittsburgh. God has given me an incredible church family to shepherd at North Way East End. The incredible mentoring activity through LAMP continues in Homewood. God is transforming lives and drawing people closer to him in my city. I'm excited to preach live at East End this coming Sunday. In addition, we have baptisms and a worship night this coming Wednesday night. And, I am really looking forward to teaching Encountering God in the City at North Way East End from October 23rd through November 20th.

God continues to call me to be a leader through serving as a pastor and mentor. When I visit places like India, God changes me through a process of displacement. Taking risks and experiencing God in other cities and other cultures causes me to be a more effective leader in my own context. I'm more inspired than ever to lead a multi-site, muti-ethnic, church that is on mission to reach a diverse part of my city. I'm more excited than ever to participate in God's mission to redeem my neighborhood and my city with the transforming love of Jesus Christ. 

No comments: