Friday, May 11, 2012

A Successful Oral Review

My oral review went very well today, and I officially earned the doctor of ministry degree from Bakke Graduate University. It has been quite a journey working through nearly four years of classes and writing a dissertation, but it was all worth it. My goal now is to pour myself into the work that God has called me to in Pittsburgh. As Julie and the girls and I ate dinner on our back patio this evening, we were discussing what God had in store for our family next when we heard around nine or ten gun shots followed by police sirens. It was a chilling reminder that the work in Homewood and the East End is not done. God is on mission to redeem every person and place in the city of Pittsburgh, and he has given our family a calling to be a part of bringing about transformation in the city. I know God has many big plans for North Way East End and the LAMP mentoring program. I can't wait to give my full attention to this work.

No comments: