Monday, September 19, 2011

An Amazing Day in the City

Today was an amazing day of urban ministry. I spent most of the morning planning the East End launch, in the afternoon I had the great opportunity to go prayer walking in East Liberty with some friends from the North Way staff, and then the rest of the day I spent with my mentees from Homewood. I love my calling so much, and I can see on a daily basis how amazing God is! The more risks I take for God, the more he comes through to be able to do such amazing things. My day was not easy by any stretch of the imagination... it was pretty hard, actually. But I loved every second of it. God has equipped me with what it takes to be an urban ministry leader, and that includes filling me up with passion for the people in my city. Whether I'm meeting with people in a coffee shop or mixing it up with at-risk youth, God has truly given me a love for the streets. There is no place I'd rather be than building relationships with people in complex urban environments for the sake of advancing God's kingdom. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow to find out what unexpected and amazing things the Lord has planned for me.

No comments: