Thursday, August 18, 2011

Breakfast in the East End

This morning I walked into a restaurant in the East End of Pittsburgh and I saw two men from North Way having breakfast together and discussing the book Wild at Heart by John Eldredge. These guys were sharing their lives with one another, and that is such a healthy thing for followers of Jesus Christ. The world encourages men to go on solo missions, somehow taking on the world by themselves while destroying themselves along the way. If culture encourages men to isolate, God encourages men to join arms with fellow brothers in Christ for the journey through life. We can't do it alone. It's impossible. One of the reasons I am so excited about launching the East End campus is that I get to have the great privilege of joining arms with some amazing Christians, like the two men meeting this morning, who are passionate about being a church that makes a difference in this city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would to join the group, please let me know if that is possible.