Friday, December 11, 2009

DMin update

Well, I just found out tonight that I received an A on my Overture II course! That means two classes down and... many to go. The comments from the professor were very kind, and I have to admit that I was very relieved to earn a good grade. I poured myself into these initial classes, and it feels great to be done with my first year.

The courses I took this year will serve as a comprehensive foundation for the remainder of the classes. 2010 kicks off on February 1 with an intense round of theology classes: Old Testament, New Testament, and Hermaneutics. Then, I will go to Seattle again in May for a Global Christian History course taught by Ray Bakke. Later in 2010 I will work on some specialization courses, which may take me back to Seattle again or possibly another international trip. I am interested in a trip to Rowanda in October to take an inside look at the reconciliation process following the genocide in that country.

As I progress through the program the classes will become more and more specific to my work in Pittsburgh. The specialization I have selected is urban youth ministry, and I am working toward publishing my research as a book during the process of writing the dissertation. I really love Bakke Graduate University and the DMin program. I have been stretched and challenged as a leader in ways that I never imagined would be possible for me. This has been quite an adventure so far!

3 comments:

Jason Gregg said...

It's great to see the transformation in your perspective on life around you. When I listen to your podcasts (a shameless plug for the Journeymen) you'll say something deep and philosophical and say to myself, "Wow, who is this guy?" Great job on year one.

Steve Brennan said...

Nerd...

kent chevalier said...

i echo steve's comment