Saturday, July 11, 2009

Costa Rica and Mexico City... Here I come!

Julie and I leave early tomorrow morning for my next DMin class at BGU called Overture II: Central America. I'm so excited that Julie will be going with me on this trip. She spent a semester in Central America while we were dating in college, and it has always been a dream of ours to go there together some day. I never thought it would be through a doctorate program (I wasn't exactly interested in academics very much when we were dating), but this will work!

I'll be building on the transformational leadership principles that I learned about in Overture I. These include global leadership, calling-based leadership, reflective leadership, contextual leadership, and incarnational leadership. I'll be learning about these by experiencing how God is moving in the complex urban environments of San Jose and Mexico City.

Please pray for Julie and I during these two weeks that will be shaping our worldviews in dramatic ways. This program is helping us to determine how we can be more effective as Christian leaders. We'll be gone from July 12-24.

2 comments:

kent chevalier said...

Have a great trip you 2! And in the midst of all that studying, make sure to take advantage of time without your wonderful girls. See you when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Bryan

I think it'll be really interesting and informative to see how these strategies translate and work in other cultures and societies. I'll be interested to hear what you learn.

John