Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Good News

Jesus is a really big deal. Jesus is amazing. Jesus is what it's all about. I shared that Good News with a lot of people over this past week. I shared that news because I have become reconciled with God through Jesus Christ, and I'm now passionate about seeing other people become reconciled with God through Jesus Christ.

I don't share the Good News in harsh ways, though. I do my best to share the Good News through authentic relationships with people that God brings across my path. And, God brings a lot of different people across my path. This week God has allowed me to have amazing conversations with a couple young men who are successful financial planners living in affluent urban neighborhoods, a pharmacist, a homeless man who is clearly currently off of his medications, a high school student at a local alternative school, a kid from our neighborhood, and many other different people.

I am thankful for each of the opportunities to point people toward Jesus. Sometimes I use words to do that, and sometimes I use actions. The point is to share about and demonstrate the love of Christ according the the promptings of the Holy Spirit. The process requires discernment, but pointing people to the profound love of Jesus Christ is one of my main purposes, not only as a pastor, but as a human being. The gospel of Jesus Christ is Good News. 

No comments: