Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back from Vacation

I had an incredible vacation with Julie and the girls last week. We adventured together. We spent some amazing quality time with friends and family along our journey to Florida and back. We were all grateful for the rest and relaxation after another intense year of urban ministry, school, and all of the other parts of our lives in Pittsburgh.

Rest is such an important part of leadership and ministry. I never feel bad about getting time away to rest from the grind of urban ministry. The time away allows me to reflect on everything that God is doing in my family and in the ministry that God has called us to in Pittsburgh. Serving in a leadership role in building God's church comes with many responsibilities, but it is also fulfilling to see God work in amazing ways. Having spent a week away from everything, I was thankful to jump back in when I got home.

Things seemed to pick up right where they left off. We have been receiving visitors at our door. We had a great worship service in the East End. There has already been ministry time, mentoring time, and good family time together. I am excited to see what God is going to do through the rest of this summer!

No comments: