Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Fun Evening in the City

Last night was a great night. The evening started off with a bunch of kids from the neighborhood stopping by to visit us, and they ended up staying for dinner. It's amazing to see how the food that we have at dinner always gets multiplied to feed growing kids from my neighborhood. Last night's meat loaf and mac and cheese went a long way! After dinner, I bumped into four kids I know on my way over to worship and serve at the House of Manna so I invited them to hang out with me. North Way's East End campus had a bunch of volunteers serving at House of Manna, so it was good to be a part of a great relationship building opportunity in Homewood. After House of Manna I took my daughters over to the North Way Oakland Christmas concert. It was absolutely incredible! I am so blessed to be a part of a church that worships the Lord in so many powerful ways. Last night God was honored in many different ways, through service, through feeding hungry people, through gospel music, through Christmas music, and in many other ways. I love the calling that God has given me in the city.

No comments: